The Lonsdale brand name is owned by one of the most respected sports retailers in the UK—Sports Direct. With an RRP of £6.99 per bottle, the price is reasonable to say the least and, at the time of this review, Sports Direct had discounted it down to just £5 per bottle.
Very little information is provided about how the product is supposed to work, but thermogenic fat burners are usually designed to stimulate increased metabolism and trigger a slight rise in body temperature that causes calories to be burned faster than normal.
Typical fat burners also encourage increased enzyme activity that may assist the efficient breakdown of fat molecules. The calories released from the body’s stored fat then become available to use, so people who ae using fat burners often feel more energetic than normal.
Promised Benefits & Selling Points
Table of Contents
- Manufactured in the UK
- Aids weight loss and helps the body burn fat
- Helps speed-up the metabolic rate
- Contains powerful fat burning ingredients
- Converts body fat to useable energy
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Each capsule contains 10 active ingredients, but the weights and ratios involved are not specified.
- Guarana: A fruit based ingredient that provides a steady release of caffeine. It is particularly useful for providing an ongoing supply of energy, can help reduce mental fatigue, and also improves concentration. According to experts at the Mayo Clinic, caffeine may also be useful for providing appetite suppression and stimulating thermogenesis, but they state the benefits provided are unlikely to be sufficient to encourage significant weight loss.
- Magnesium: An important mineral that is necessary for energy production and can improve muscle contraction abilities. Most people attain enough magnesium via their diets, but it can be purged from the body by alcohol, or the use of some medications, leading to feelings of nausea and fatigue.
- Tyrosine: An amino acid that is often added to supplements because its presence is believed to increase stamina and provide extra energy. It is also sometimes used as a natural stress reliever, but most people who eat a balanced diet are unlikely to gain much benefit from tyrosine-providing supplements.
- L –Carnitine: An amino acid derived from lysine and methionine. It is often added to weight loss formulations in the belief that its presence will encourage fat burning, but this is an idea that cannot be wholly supported by scientific evidence.
- Ginger Root Powder: A popular spice that has many culinary uses. Ginger can also be useful for alleviating digestive problems, and has shown some promise as a treatment for certain respiratory conditions, but it is has never been proven to be beneficial for weight loss.
- Zinc Citrate: Zinc is a trace mineral that is necessary for many important functions within the body, including testosterone production. For this reason zinc is often added to bodybuilding and sports supplements. Its presence is unlikely to directly contribute to weight loss, but if testosterone levels are increased the body’s fat burning abilities will be improved.
- Green Tea: One of the most popular natural fat burners in the world, green tea also provides antioxidants that can improve the health and protect against disease. Although green tea is a source of caffeine, scientific study suggests its thermogenic abilities cannot be explained by “its caffeine content per se”.
- Pyridoxine HC1 (Vit B6): Vitamin B6 is often added to weight loss supplements and bodybuilding blends because it is known to be necessary for a healthy metabolism.
- Siberian Ginseng: An adaptogen herb that can be useful for ensuring good health. Siberian ginseng is unlikely to contribute to the promised fat burning effect, but if it is included in sufficient quantity its presence in the blend should help ensure a feeling of wellbeing.
- Chromium Picolinate: Chromium-providing ingredients are usually used to help balance blood sugar levels and encourage fat burning, but expert opinion suggests the benefits provided by chromium may be somewhat overrated.
Customer feedback is surprisingly hard to find and the amount available is insufficient to provide an accurate insight into how well the formulation is likely to work.
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
Sports Direct states the capsules are not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers or anyone who is under 18-years of age. They also suggest people who have existing health problems consult their GP prior to using Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner. They offer the same advice to people who are taking medication(s).
Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner capsules are not suitable for vegetarians.
No money back guarantee is offered, but the product has such a low price the lack of a guarantee is unlikely to be an issue for most users.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner can be purchased in store or online from Sports Direct. Each bottle contains 90 capsules and, with a price tag of just £5, Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner has to be one of the cheapest fat burners on the market. Sports direct operates a separate website for the Lonsdale brand and they also market Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner via their Kick Back Sports website. In all cases the same low price applies.
Although £5 is mall price to pay we recommend other products that we feel can give you a better chance of weight loss success.
We have compiled a list of our preferred diet product with effect, value and safety primary concerns