Thermaxin is an “accelerated weight loss formula” marketed by Astral Nutrition.
The company is based in the UK and customer services can be contacted via telephone or online form.
According to the marketing material, Thermaxin is the “strongest legal thermogenic fat burner and appetite suppressant” and can help users to smash through their weight loss plateaus and burn fat quickly.
The three main promised benefits are:
Table of Contents
- Boosted metabolism
- Appetite suppression
- Counters fatigue
What is Thermaxin and How Does it Work?
If the pills work in the way Astral Nutrition intend, people who take them in the recommended way will benefit from a faster metabolism that will allow them to burn more calories than normal. They will also find it easier to be satisfied with less food and a combination of less calories going into the body and more calories being burned should cause a calorie deficiency that will necessitate the burning of body fat for extra energy. When less calories are consumed it can lead to feelings of fatigue, so Thermaxin also contains some caffeine to help make those feelings go away.
One Thermaxin capsule provides:
- Natural Caffeine (150mg): An ingredient that is renowned for its energy boosting capabilities. Scientific research shows caffeine can assist weight loss by speeding up the metabolism and fat oxidation.
- L-Tyrosine (150mg): Some manufacturers use L-Tyrosine as an appetite suppressant, but its abilities in this regard cannot be satisfactorily supported by science. It has value as an alertness booster, but the amount included here is insufficient to provide good results.
- Capsicum 8:1 (1000mg): Clinical trials prove the value of capsicum both as a metabolism booster and a fat burner. The use of “8:1” on the label suggest Astral Nutrition may be using a concentrated form that has eight times the power of the normal ingredient. If this is so, the 1000mg inclusion rate is probably only 125mg. We are not a fan of concentrates of this nature because it is hard to prove their potency.
- Green Coffee Bean 40:1 (1000mg): The chlorogenic acid provided by green coffee bean extract has a lot to offer as a weight loss provider. It can speed the metabolism, reduce hunger cravings, and boost energy levels. Once again, this appears to be a concentrate, though, so the potency may be questionable.
- Green Tea 20:1 (500mg): Another good ingredient that may have debatable value due to the use of concentrated version. At a ratio of 20:1 the true inclusion rate is likely to be only 25mg. That’s not a lot but, presuming an adequate potency, green tea assists weight loss by increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation.
- Black Pepper Extract (5mg): Black pepper contains a molecule called piperine that aids the absorption of other ingredients.
- Chromium (200mcg): A mineral that can help keep blood glucose levels under control and prevent the sugar spikes that may lead to cravings for sweet food.
- Iodine (150mcg): Iodine helps ensure the thyroid gland exudes enough of the “T” hormones that are necessary for an efficient metabolism.
The manufacturer’s website contains a number of reviews. All of them are positive, but feedback published on a manufacturer’s website is seldom to be relied upon.
A few average comments read:
Side Effects & Health Issues
Thermaxin is not recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding a child. People who have existing health problems should check with their GP prior to starting supplementation. The same advice applies to people who are taking medication or considering using Thermaxin alongside another supplement.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Astral Nutrition appears to have an Amazon store, but Thermaxin was marked unavailable at the time of this review. We were unable to find any third-party sites marketing the product, so it appears Astral Nutrition prefer to market the product solely via their official website. The price is £24.99 per (60 capsule) bottle and it is also possible to buy product bundles that combine modest discounts with a free bottle of a companion product.
There does not appear to be a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Thermaxin contains a number of good ingredients that should be capable of speeding up the weight loss process. Unfortunately, in many cases the ingredients are included as concentrates that may have questionable potency. If customer reviews were available from non-biased sources, and people were saying the product works, this would not be a problem, but the only reviews available are on the manufacturer’s website.
The lack of a money back guarantee is also an issue and could be seen to indicate Astral Nutrition doubt the abilities of their product. In all fairness, we cannot say the product will not work at all, but we are sure it is not “the strongest legal thermogenic fat burner and appetite suppressant” on the market.
We recommend PhenQ over and above all other in this category. PhenQ is a multi action diet pill that suits just about everyone.
PhenQ can help you lose weight and tone up by burning your excess fat blocking new fat and suppressing appetite.