P90X is a home-workout system developed by the American company Beachbody. The company has been trading since 1998 and produces a number of health, fitness, and beauty products. It has a good reputation and usually develops its products in close association with a team of experts. In the case of P90X, Beachbody called on fitness trainer Tony Horton, who used his extensive expertise to develop the Power 90 Extreme system. Horton has a reputation for being a hardcore coach though, so P90X is only suitable for people who are serious about improving their levels of health and fitness.
Beachbody claims P90X can “transform the body from regular to ripped in just 90 days”, and many customers are full of praise for how well the package has been designed and for the results it apparently delivers. Beachbody states much of their product’s success can be attributed to muscle confusion.
Anybody who knows anything about bodybuilding will probably be aware what muscle confusion is and the benefits it offers. For those who are not familiar with the concept, muscle confusion involves a process of regularly changing the way the muscles are worked. The human body can adapt to new situations quite quickly and as it adapts the exercises designed to strain the muscles and encourage them to grow become less effective. A constant change to the routine prevents this from happening and encourages improved results.
What the P90X Home Workout System Includes
Table of Contents
In the main P90X is just a collection of DVDs and some supportive reading matter, but customers are also provided with online support.
- The “How to Bring It” video provides a general overview of the system and the P90X Fitness Guide book explains how to get the most from P90X.
- The P90X 3-Phase Nutrition Plan has been designed to ensure users eat the correct food to fuel the high intensity workouts, while also helping them to burn off excess fat. A workout calendar is also provided to assist with goal setting and ensure users can accurately track their progress.
There are also 12 coaching CDs and each one concentrates on a different aspect of the system. Some of the CDs teach the exercise required for targeting certain areas such as the chest and back, others teach important yoga techniques etc. The DVDs are listed below and a quick inspection of them hints at how some of the promised muscle confusion is achieved. (The chest and the back are exercised together one day, but a few days later it is the legs & back.)
|1. Chest & Back
3. Shoulders & Arms
4. Yoga X Legs & Back
5. Kenpo X
7. Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
8. Back & Biceps
9. Cardio X
10. Ab Ripper X
P90X is also shipped with a preliminary fitness test so customers can check if they are fit enough to commence with the training. This is a wise precaution, but the fact that most customers will be unaware a test is required until they receive their order could mean “unfit” users will have wasted their time unnecessarily and will have to return the product.
What the P90X Home Workout System Does not Include
In order to complete all the required exercises some additional equipment is necessary:
- Pull up bar
- Resistance band
It is still possible to follow the program without these things, but some exercises would have to be skipped and this would prevent the user from getting the full benefits of the program
Customer Feedback & Testimonials
Many customers have taken the time write rather lengthy descriptions of their experiences with the product and the majority of users give it their strongest endorsement.
One customer states:
- P90X is a home workout system developed by an experienced fitness instructor
- Good results should be apparent within 90 days
- A 90 day money back guarantee is offered
- The system contains over a dozen DVDs, along with some supplementary material
- Customers also get online support
- It is important to follow the P90X nutrition plan
- P90X users need to set aside an hour a day (6 or 7 days a week) to complete the exercise routines.
- A certain level of physical fitness is required before commencing the program (this is ascertained by a fitness test, packed with the product).
- Some additional equipment will be required
- Customer feedback is excellent
- Much of the systems success is attributed to “muscle confusion”
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Although it is possible to purchase P90X from Amazon it is probably easier to buy directly from the Beachbody website, and there will be no need to pull out all the money at once because Beachbody takes payment in three instalments. Customers in the UK can expect to pay £99 plus shipping and all purchases are protected by a 90 day money back guarantee.