Ripped Freak is a “hybrid fat burner” made in America by Pharma Freak.
The company has been trading since 2008 and claim to be on a mission to create the strongest supplements in the world.
Pharma Freak use the term hybrid fat burner because Ripped Freak is designed to tackle weight loss from a number of different angles.
Many diet pills do this though, so it is nothing new.
The main promised benefits are:
- Supports fat loss
- Increases thermogenesis
- Mobilizes fatty acids
What is Ripped Freak and How Does it Work?
Ripped Freak may be designed to target weight loss in a number of ways, but the number of methods involved is very limited.
Many competing products offer much more (appetite suppression, fat binding, carb blocking etc.). If the formulation is as good as Pharma Freak claim though, it should speed up the metabolism and help the user to burn calories faster.
It should also raise the body temperature sufficiently to encourage thermogenic fat burning and aid the smooth transportation of any released fatty acids into the blood.
Ripped Freak Key Ingredients
The ingredients used in Ripped Freak are included in proprietary blends:
Each capsule provides:
(Proprietary Ripped Freak Complex 400mg)
- Caffeine (1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione): Don’t let the fancy name fool you. This is just normal caffeine. Likely benefits include more energy and increased focus. Scientific study also supports the many claims made for caffeine’s fat burning abilities.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract (Camellia sinensis) standardized for 50% EGCG: Green tea provides a group of antioxidants called catechins. Scienfic investigation of green tea shows green tea catechins can help the body to burn its fat.
- Olive Leaf Extract (Olea europaea) Standardized for 15% Oleuropein: Olive leaf extract may be useful for controlling cholesterol levels, but it is unlikely to directly contribute to weight loss.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (Coffea arabica) Standardized for 50% Chlorogenic Acid: Although it is a source of caffeine, green coffee bean extract’s fat burning ability is due to a compound called chlorogenic acid. It has a good reputation for getting results and is often used as a standalone weight loss option.
- CH-19 Sweet Red Pepper Extract (200 mg): A form of capsicum pepper. Some studies suggest supplementation with capsicum may help suppress the appetite, but capsicum is better respected for its prowess as a metabolism booster and thermogenic fat burner.
Raspberry Ketone Complex (167mg)
- Raspberry Ketone (4-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-methyl ethyl ketone): An extremely popular diet pill ingredient that appears to function both as an appetite suppressant and a fat burner. Like green coffee bean extract, raspberry ketone diet pills are available to buy as a one-ingredient weight loss aid.
- Gallic Acid (3,4,5-trihydroxybenzoate): An ingredient that is believed to be an antioxidant and is occasionally used to treat the symptoms of diabetes. The reason for its inclusion here is unclear.
Ripped Freak Customer Feedback
Customer reviews are a mix of good and bad, but many of the people who left positive reviews admit they received a discount in exchange for sharing their opinion of the product.
A few average comments read:
Ripped Freak Side Effects & Health Issues
Many past customers have reported experiencing nasty side effects, so all potential users are warned to play it safe and get a doctors advice prior to using Ripped Freak to help them to lose weight.
Where To Buy Ripped Freak
It is not possible to buy Ripped Freak from the manufacturer’s website, but it is stocked by many independent online stores and can also be purchased via Amazon. At the time of this review the Amazon price was $34.05 (other currencies available) per 60 capsules.
Ripped Freak is sold without a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
The formulation contains several good ingredients so it is possible people who use Ripped Freak may burn fat and lose weight.
But the fact that many customers say it does not work, while other claim it does, makes it sound a bit hit-and-miss and there is no money back guarantee.
So customers who find the product is not hard hitting enough to burn away their fat will be left high and dry. It would be unfair to dismiss the claims made for Ripped Freak entirely, but it is true to say there are better options available.
Recommended Fat Burner
We recommend PhenQ – whether you are in search of a supplement that will help you with your workout to help with the cutting process or you simple want to a lose a few pounds PhenQ is ideal.
PhenQ is available without a prescription and can be ordered directly from it’s own official website.