Chili Burn is a weight loss product produced by New Nordic. The company is based in Scandinavia, produces a number of health and fitness products, and appears to have a good reputation all over Europe.
Unfortunately, the Chili Burn sales page on the New Nordic website provides very little information about Chili Burn weight loss tablets and it is also worth noting New Nordic have made some changes to their Chili Burn formulation. The company used to boast the previous formulation was the result of seven years of research and development, but their “advanced formulation” was not a hit with customers, and negative reviews were commonplace, so can we assume that those seven years were wasted.
Chili Burn Review
The “New Improved” Chili Burn tablets still provide the same amount of chili, but the amount of green tea used has nearly doubled and many of the pointless inclusions (dill seed, peppermint, ginger root) have been replaced with more promising ingredients.
It’s hard to knock any company for trying to improve on an existing product, but if seven years of hard work produced a product that failed to work in the promised manner, will a quick-fix solution really make that much of a difference? Potential Chili Burn tablet users also need to be aware that many suppliers still appear to be selling the old version of the product.
Promised Benefits and Blend Potential
According to New Nordic, the Chili Burn formulation can “contribute to normal energy-yielding calorie burning”, help ensure normal metabolism of fat, proteins, and carbohydrates; and then convert these nutrients into energy.
That all sounds pretty good at first blush, but most diet-supporting formulations are designed to provide enhanced calorie burning and metabolism, so New Nordic’s chosen sales pitch is not particularly persuasive.
Fortunately their main ingredient (chili) is more powerful than they make it sound, and green tea is also an excellent weight loss provider, but they are but two of a total of ten ingredients and, if New Nordic has got it wrong again, the abilities of chili and green tea could be compromised by other less powerful ingredients.
Two tablets provide:
- Chili Pepper Fruit (24 mg): Several studies suggest chili pepper has the ability to boost the metabolism and encourage fat burning. In one 12-week study, conducted at the University of Maryland School of Medicine (Baltimore, USA), the researchers chose 40 obese men and 40 obese women and randomly assigned them either a placebo or a chili capsinoid supplement (6 mg per day). At the end of the study the researchers noted higher fat oxidation levels in the capsinoid group. This was accompanied by a marked decrease in abdominal adiposity.
- Green Tea Leaves (972 mg): Numerous studies suggest the catechins in green tea are powerful fat burners. In 2009 the American Institute of Nutrition published the results of one such study that evaluated the way green tea catechins influenced body composition and fat distribution. The volunteers (obese adults) were given 625 mg of green tea catechins each day and asked to spend three hours a week taking moderate exercise. At the end of the 12 week study period the researchers concluded “These findings suggest that green tea catechin consumption enhances exercise-induced changes in abdominal fat and serum TG [fasting serum triglycerides]”.
- Chromium Picolinate (40 mcg): Chromium has a good reputation as a fat burner, but the inclusion rate here is probably too low to be effective.
- Magnesium (100 mg): Magnesium is a valuable mineral, but it is unlikely to assist the weight loss process. Probably included here as a binding agent.
The Chili Burn formulation also provides several B vitamins—always popular with diet pill manufacturers because B vitamins are known to assist the metabolism.
- Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 1 mg
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 4 mg
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) 16 mg
- Panthotensyre (Vitamin B5) 6 mg
- Vitamin B6 1 mg
How to Take Chili Burn
The recommended dosage is two tablets per day and these should never be taken on an empty stomach. The first tablet should be taken with lunch, the second tablet with dinner. Tablets are best used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle.
At the time of this review the new formulation had not been around long enough to accrue much customer feedback. We could find only one review:
Chili Burn Side Effects
New Nordic states their tablets are unsuitable for anyone who is under 12-years-old or for people with liver disorders. They also warn that pregnant/breastfeeding mothers, and anyone who suffers from allergies, should consult a doctor prior to using the tablets.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Chili Burn tablets can be purchased from most Holland & Barrett stores, and are also available from a number on online suppliers, but prices can vary considerably and tend to range from £15 to £22 for a box of 60 tablets.
Check manufacturers website for details
Looking Elsewhere – Other Diet Pills To Consider
As we have mention the whole chili diet pill concept is lead by Capsiplex.
Capsiplex has been the darling media for the las few years with many a celebrity claiming weight loss due to it.
Capsiplex in our opinion is one of the best commercial diet pills available. It is suitable for both mena nd women.