According to the official website, the manufacturers of Leptigen took a look at the weight loss products available and became inspired to create something better.
Leptigen is the “safe and sensible weight loss formula” they finally chose upon and it contains two of the most common diet pill ingredients in the world—caffeine and green tea—but these two diet-pill regulars appear to have been added as a supportive measure only.
The Leptigen marketing campaign makes it clear Meratrim and ChromeMate (both proprietary blends) are considered to be the power ingredients, with Chromate playing a very distant second fiddle to Meratrim.
- Increases energy levels
- Burns more calories
- Provides a safe and effective way to release stored fat
- Increases the metabolism to burn fat
How Leptigen Works
The Leptigen website does not provide any useful information about how the product will achieve the promised results. The biggest part of the information presented concerns Meratrim and site visitors appear to be expected to just read about a promising ingredient and presume the Leptigen formulation is up to the task because Meratrim accounts for a large part of the blend.
Each dose of Leptigen provides:
- Meratrim (400mg)
- Chromium Chromate (100mcg)
- Green Tea Extract (200mg)
- Natural Caffeine (75mg)
A proprietary blend that contains two plant-sourced ingredients:
- Sphaeranthus Indicus: An extract taken from a species of thistle native to India. Sphaeranthus indicus is a mainstay of Ayuvedic medicine and is alleged to provide many benefits, few of which can be backed up by scientific proof.
- Garcinia Mangostana: A tropical fruit extract that is the principal ingredient in the health drink “Xango Juice”. Numerous claims are made for its medicinal and health-enhancing abilities, but once again there is a scarcity of scientific evidence.
Although neither ingredient has been proven effective for weight loss in its own right, there appears to be scientific evidence to support their combined abilities.
The Journal of Medicinal Food published the results of a double-blind placebo-controlled study involving 100 obese people (BMI 30-40). Some of the study participants were given two daily doses of sphaeranthus indicus and G. mangostana. Others received a placebo. Both groups ate a similar diet and went for a 30-minute walk each day. By the end of the study period the placebo group members had lost an average of 3.3 pounds. The participants who were given the plant extracts lost an average of 11.5 pounds.
- Chromium Chromate – A proprietary blend of chromium polynicotinate. Chromium is sometimes used to control the blood sugar levels of diabetics, but its main claim to fame stems from apparent ability to trigger fat burning during a laboratory test, conducted on rats during the 1950s. Numerous later studies, many of which were conducted on humans, have failed to repeat this success. Any benefits provided are more likely to be attributed to the appetite suppression that could, in theory, result from a more stable blood sugar level.
- Green Tea Extract – Green tea’s abilities, as pertains to weight loss, have been proven time and time again. It’s prowess as a fat burner comes courtesy of the powerful antioxidants it contains—specifically green tea catechins. These have the ability to speed up the metabolism and elevate the body’s core temperature by an amount that is sufficient to create an internal environment that is conducive to (thermogenic) fat burning.
- Caffeine – Caffeine’s energy-giving abilities are legendary, as are its powers as concentration booster, but it is a versatile ingredient that has proven abilities both as an appetite suppressant and a metabolism booster. The amount provided here is equivalent to a ¾-full cup of coffee.
The only customer reviews are those on the official website and reviews that are provided via manufacturers are not to be relied upon.
Leptigen Side Effects
The manufacturers mention two side effects (headaches and increased heart rate), but state such reactions are rare. If side effects are experienced, supplementation should be stopped.
Leptigen is not suitable for pregnant or nursing mothers or people under the age of 18. Individuals who have existing health problems should discuss the matter with a doctor before any capsules are consumed. The same advice is offered to people who are taking medication.
Product Pricing & Distribution
Leptigen availability is restricted to the official website. The product cannot be purchased elsewhere and, with a cost of $109.95 (£70) per bottle (lasts 30 days); it’s not one of the cheapest weight loss options available. The only way customers can receive a slightly better deal is to place a bigger order. Customers who purchase two bottles can save $10 (£6) on each one. Customers who buy three bottles of Leptigen save $20 (£13) per bottle.
One bottle or three bottles, it’s a lot of money to spend, but the product is sold with a surprisingly lengthy 120-day money back guarantee. This would normally provide extra peace of mind, but the stinger comes on reading the returns policy details and discovering returns of “overly used products” are not accepted.