Plexus Block is a carbohydrate blocking diet pill manufactured by Plexus Worldwide. Carb blockers are designed to interfere with the abilities of the digestive enzymes responsible for processing simple and complex carbohydrates.
Any carbohydrate that is not digested passes through the body without releasing calories and each gram that is not digested contains four calories.
Robbing the body of calories in this way can be effective for furthering the weight loss process because, if the body becomes overly short on calories, it will have to get extra energy from somewhere and the most efficient way is to start burning body fat.
Advertised benefits include:
- Neutralizes the enzymes that convert carbohydrates into glucose
- Neutralizes the enzymes that turn sugar into glucose
- Improves glucose metabolism
- Provides weight management when used with diet and exercise
Plexus Worldwide appears to be a reputable company, but it markets its products using multi-level marketing (MLM) methods. In theory, people who sign up and become distributors (Plexus call their distributors ambassadors) have the potential to earn a lot of money because they can make a profit on the products they sell and also get a commission from the sales made by other ambassadors who have signed up via their referral link, along with a percentage of the sales made by their referral’s downline. Unfortunately, very few MLM distributors make a success of their business. The ones who do are few and far between, but the thought of becoming rich encourages distributors to work very hard at promoting their products and an army of cash-hungry distributors can quickly develop a good positive buzz for a product whether it deserves it or not.
What Is In Plexus Block
Two capsules provide:
- Chromium (200mcg): An important mineral that helps maintain correct insulin levels and prevents blood sugar levels from fluctuating too wildly. This is unlikely to have a dramatic effect, but it may help further the weight loss process to some extent.
- Brown Seaweed Blend (500mg): Plexus Worldwide say this ingredient is a carb blocker, but the statement is built on shaky foundations. The only study that indicates such an ability was conducted on mice, but brown seaweed is not without value because it could help to support weight loss by ecouraging the body to burn more fat.
- White Kidney Bean Extract (200mg): When it comes to carb blocking, it is hard to find a better option than white kidney bean. It’s ability to prevent carb absorption can be backed up by numerous studies, including one conducted in 2007, at the University of Calfornia. However, the inclusion rate here may be too low. The test subjects at the University of California were given 1000mg of white kidney bean extract every day. The amount provided here is considerably less.
Plexus Block Customer Testimonials
Customer feedback is hard to find. Locating feedback that has not been placed by product ambassadors is harder still and they never have a bad word to say about the product.
A typical positive review reads:
A review of a more negative nature reads:
Does Plexus Block Cause Side Effects
Plexus BLOCK is unsuitable for pregnant or nursing mothers and people who are under 18-years of age. Anyone who has existing health issues, or is taking medication, should ask a doctor’s opinion prior to taking any pills.
Where to Buy Plexus Block
Dieters who wish to purchase the product can do so by visiting the Plexus Worldwide website and opting to buy at a one-off retail price of $39.95 / £30 per bottle (contains 60 capsules) or make a $5 / £3.50 per bottle saving by becoming a “preferred customer” and agreeing to receive a fresh supply of pill each month via the company’s auto-ship program. The other alternative is to buy from an ambassador’s website.
Plexus Worldwide provide customers with a 60-day money back guarantee.
The Final Verdict
It seems likely that anyone who uses this Plexus Block in conjunction with diet and exercise will lose weight a little faster, but our faith in the product would be more complete if we had been able to find a decent amount of positive reviews that were not written by people who are trying to sell the pills. If Plexus Block went head to head with most of today’s top diet pills it would be a poor second, but the 60-day money back guarantee provides a little extra confidence because customers who feel let down will have a way of getting their money back.
We recommend PhenQ a fat burner that is equally adept at blocking fat and reducing appetite through appetite suppression.
PhenQ is available without prescription but contains some pharmaceutical strength ingredients.