Tone is a supplement manufactured by Complete Nutrition and while it could not be called a unique product it is a little different from the norm because the “softgel” capsules contain a blend of oils rather than solid ingredients.
Capsules that have a liquid centre are usually absorbed faster and more efficiently than solid-type capsules and pills, so the formulation should be quite fast working and Omega-3 is deemed a “heart-healthy” oil. These are definite selling points, but the capsules are also a source of cholesterol, so it is hard to say if the good is likely to outweigh the bad, and anyone who takes the maximum dosage of 6 capsules will be provided with an extra 30mg of cholesterol per day.
Potential benefits include:
Table of Contents
- Support Toning, Fat Loss & Metabolic Health
- Good Source of Omega-3 (DHA & EPA)
- Promote Healthy Heart Function
Complete Nutrition Tone Pros and Cons at a Glance
|The Pros||The Cons|
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Each (2 capsule) serving provides 2,000mg of Complete Nutrition’s chosen oil combination, but the oils have been utilized in a proprietary blend so the ratios involved are not known.
Two capsules provide:
- Fish Oil Concentrate (40% EPA 20% DHA): The name “fish oil concentrate” is vague to say the least, but Complete Nutrition state the blend provides a balanced blend of Omega-3 oils. These fatty acids are known to protect the heart by suppressing the body’s production of triglycerides (blood fats that can induce heart attacks and strokes).
- Coconut Oil: One of only few foods to bear the “superfood” title, coconut oil provides a unique combination of fatty acids that have the ability to boost the health in a number of ways. Some studies show it can suppress the appetite, others that it has fat burning abilities, while still others suggest supplementation with coconut oil can cause the body to burn calories faster and more efficiently. In one study, conducted at the University of Geneva (Switzerland), doses of 15-30g of the medium-chain triglycerides from coconut milk were shown to increase calorie expenditure by 5%.
- Safflower oil (80% Conjugated Linoleic Acid): Supplementation with Conjugated Linoleic acid (CLA) is believed to assist weight loss while also encouraging the growth of quality muscle tissue. In one 12 week-study, carried out in Norway, test subjects exercised for 90 minutes each day while also supplementing with CLA. A reduction of body fat was recorded, but there was no noticeable weight loss. This suggests fat loss was accompanied by muscle development.Flax Seed Oil: A source of Alpha Linoleic Acid (Omega 3), flax seed oil is believed beneficial for the heart, but scientific evidence is lacking.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Provides fatty acids that may assist general wellbeing, but evening primrose oil has not been proven effective for weight loss.
- Borage Oil: A herb-derived compound that provides gamma linoleic acid (GLA). It has many medicinal qualities, and is often used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, but there is presently insufficient scientific documentation available to suggest it may assist weight loss or protect the heart from disease.
Complete Nutrition Tone Customer Feedback
The only feedback available comes via the Complete Nutrition website and the fact that several negative comments are published there suggests the feedback is probably genuine. A number of customer’s state use of the capsules has helped them lose weight and become more toned, but a few state they failed to see any difference and one customer dislikes both the smell and the taste of the capsules.
Possible Complete Nutrition ToneSide Effects
Tone is not suitable for pregnant or nursing mothers, and Control Nutrition suggest potential users consult a doctor prior to beginning supplementation. This is good advice and it is also worth noting the formulation will not be suitable for anyone who is allergic to seafood. Other potential problems cannot be ruled out, and each capsule contains 5mg of cholesterol—a fact that does not sit well with the promised heart-healthy nature of the product. CLA can also be a troublesome ingredient. It increases the likelihood of diabetes due to an unfortunate ability to interfere with insulin resistance.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Tone appears to only be available from Complete Nutrition stores (US only) and from the Complete Nutrition website. Each bottle contains 90 capsules and usually retails for around USD$ 50, but customers who opt to buy 180 capsules can do so for around USD$ 80.
Complete Nutrition Tone Guarantee
Complete Nutrition product purchases are protected by a 30 day money back guarantee.
Recommended Diet Pills
Recommendation is PhenQ – if you are looking at a product that can help you loss excess body fat then PhenQ is arguably the best the industry has to offer.
Available without prescription PhenQ can also suppress appetite. It is suitable for both men and women and made in registered and certified laboratories.